Member of Lyon Bar
Chems specializes in M&As, domestic and cross-border corporate transactions, private equity, corporate reorganizations and corporate law.
She assists a French and foreign clientele comprising primarily multinationals, industrial and services companies and investment funds in connection with external growth transactions, transfers of businesses, group reorganizations and restructurings, private equity and LBOs.
Chems also counsels foundations, associations and endowment funds.
Selected Operation summary
- Assisted a US group specialized in the protection and valorization of digital TV services in connection with the acquisition of some assets of a French bankrupt company – drafted the related legal documentation
- Advised several medical biology laboratories in connection with domestic corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and sales – participated in the negotiations and drafted the related legal documentation
- Performed buy-side due diligences on companies operating in the private teaching sector, the media and the tourism industry, notably on behalf of French and foreign investment funds
- Assisted a major European healthcare group in connection with the sale of one its French subsidiaries to a major actor of the private hospital care sector – participated in the negotiations and drafted the related legal documentation
- Provided legal assistance in relation to the sale of a leading manufacturer of swimming pool equipment to a non-EU group – participated in the negotiations and drafted the related legal documentation
- Counseled a French leading supplier of gas and electricity in the framework of its corporate reorganization – participated in the negotiations and drafted the related legal documentation
- Assisted a foreign group specialized in electrical insulation in connection with the restructuring of its French subsidiaries – participated in the negotiations and drafted the related legal documentation
- Drafted shareholders agreements on behalf of industrial and services companies, including French subsidiaries of foreign groups
- Managed and followed up the corporate legal secretarial works on behalf of associations, endowment funds, French corporations and French subsidiaries of foreign groups
- Establishing a Business in France, Practical Law, 2014
- International Business Acquisitions Handbook, 4th edition, Kluwer Law International, 2014
- International Securities Law Handbook 3rd edition, Kluwer Law, 2014
- CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre, Corporate/M&A Department, Lyon, 2009-2012
- Gide Loyrette Nouel, M&A Department, Paris, 2009 (internship)
- Gide Loyrette Nouel, M&A Department, Casablanca (Morocco), 2006 (internship)
- Baker & McKenzie, M&A/Corporate Law Department, 2006 (internship)
- Postgraduate Degree in Business Law, University Paris Dauphine, 2007
- Graduated from ISC Paris Business School, Legal and Tax Expertise specialization, 2006