Member of the Lyon Bar
Frédéric specializes in public law, in particular urban planning and zoning, administrative law and State liability. He acts both as advisor and litigator.
He assists and defends a French and foreign clientele comprising primarily companies operating on the real estate development market, local authorities, public institutions, architects and private individuals in connection with urban planning / zoning procedures and real estate transactions (project audit, delivery of urban planning / zoning authorizations, defense on appeal against granted authorizations, such as prior notifications of works to be performed, construction and development permits, infringement of third-parties’ rights, etc.).
Frédéric also provides legal advice and assistance in administrative law on all issues and disputes likely to arise in connection with administrative authorities (appeal against administrative decisions, liability of the State and local public authorities, etc.).
Selected Operation Summary
- Advised, audited and defended local and national stakeholders in the real estate development industry in connection with urban planning / zoning authorizations (prior notification of works to be carried out, construction permit, development permit)
- Assisted public and private stakeholders in connection with development projects (mixed development zones), housing developments, transfers of public land subject to the fulfillment of commitments with respect to the use of such land
- Advised municipalities and public inter-municipal cooperation establishments in the preparation of urban planning / zoning documentation, e.g. land use plans, territorial cohesion plans, local housing plans, local advertising regulations, and defended such stakeholders in proceedings challenging approved plans
- Counseled and defended real estate developers and individuals in real estate development and construction projects
- Assisted and defended associations and individuals before administrative, civil and criminal courts in administrative and judicial appeals lodged in connection with urban planning / zoning projects
- Advised and defended stakeholders before administrative courts in State liability cases (damages resulting from public civil engineering works, operation of public services) as well as in cases concerning the legislation and regulation governing local public authorities and general administrative law.
- ASEA Avocats, Head of the Urban Planning / Zoning Department, Lyon, 2016-2017
- Itinéraires Droit Public law firm, Lyon, 2015
- Administrative Court of Lyon, 2014
- City of Annecy, Mayor’s aide, 2007-2012
- Municipality of Bonneville (Directorate General of Services), Legal Manager, 2006-2007
- Fundaciòn Metropoli, Madrid (Spain), Urban Project Manager, 2005-2006
- Certificat d’urbanisme : Un outil indispensable à la sécurisation juridique d’opérations immobilières, La Gazette des Communes, July 2017
- Elections : Petites listes mais grands effets, Les cahiers juridiques des collectivités territoriales et des associations, co-author, September 2015
- Lecturer in constitutional law, University Jean Moulin Lyon 3, 2018
- Lecturer in public law, Ecole Nationale des Travaux Publics de l’Etat (National School of State’s Public Works or “ENPTE”), 2017
- Training officer on the structuring of real estate transactions, Professional Training Federation, 2017
- Training officer on the management of litigation risks associated with urban planning / zoning authorizations, Projet et Enjeux Publics (PEP), 2017
- Vocational training officer for public agents (public contracts / institutional communication during electoral periods), National Center for Local Public Services, 2012-2014
- Lecturer in law, University Jean Moulin Lyon 3, 2010-2011
- Post-graduate Degree in Urban Planning – Science of Territories, Institute of Urban Planning of Grenoble / Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), 2003-2005
- Post-graduate Degree in Public Law – Public Administration, University Pierre Mendès France Grenoble 2, 2003-2005
- Master’s Degree in Public Law, University Pierre Mendès France Grenoble 2, 2002-2003