Member of the Paris Bar
Geoffroy focuses his practice primarily on business law and health law, and acts both as advisor and litigator.
He assists French and foreign companies from a wide range of industries in relation to their business dealings, including on “B2B” issues related to distribution and competition (setting up of distribution networks, practices that restrict competition, commercial negotiations, drafting of contracts, etc.) as well as on “B2C” issues connected with consumer law (unfair terms, online sale, etc.)
Geoffroy also provides legal assistance to healthcare market operators on regulatory aspects related to their operations in France, as well as in product liability litigations.
Selected Operation Summary
- Assisted and advised French and foreign companies in structuring and implementing distribution networks (commercial agency, selective and exclusive distribution network, franchise) as well as in preparing and ensuring compliance of commercial and pricing policies with applicable French law requirements (general terms of sale, general terms of purchase, terms of payment, invoicing and billing policy, etc.)
- Counseled French companies and multinationals on restrictive competition practices related issues (significant imbalance, sudden breach of established business relationships, etc.)
- Assisted and defended foreign economic operators in various industries, including, but not limited to, the automotive and pharmaceutical industries, in disputes related to abusive and/or sudden breach of business relationships
- Assisted and defended the French subsidiary of an international publishing group in a breach of contract dispute
- Analysis of existing risks under business law and regulatory requirements in the framework of DD investigations for the acquisition of companies operating in various industries, including, but not limited to, mass market retailing, green energy and healthcare industries
- Assisted and counseled French and foreign economic operators, including pharmaceutical companies and automotive OEMs, in the preparation of industrial and commercial contracts (manufacture, supply, outsourcing, etc.)
- Advised foreign companies on their obligations with respect to product safety (reporting of risks to the competent authorities, recall of products, etc.)
- Advised businesses on the regulations applicable to sale methods and promotional actions
- Advised and assisted healthcare market players on the regulations applicable to their business activities, including, but not limited to, in connection with licensing and/or filing requirements imposed for the manufacture and sale of healthcare products, medical devices vigilance and pharmacovigilance obligations, relationships with healthcare professionals, etc.
- Assisted and defended the French subsidiary of an international group specialized in the manufacture of medical devices in connection with several out-of-court procedures and legal proceedings related to product liability disputes
- Gide Loyrette Nouel AARPI, Economic and European Law Department, Paris, 2009 – 2015
- Clifford Chance, Litigation and Arbitration Department, Paris, 2008 (internship)
- Hermès International, Legal Department – Business Law Division, Paris, 2007-2008 (internship)
- Salans (now Dentons), Competition and Community Law Department, Paris, 2006 (internship)
- August & Debouzy, Commercial and Intellectual Property Department, Paris, 2006 (internship)
- Bricorama, Legal Department, Paris, 2005 (internship)
- LL.M in International Business Law, Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, 2006
- Post-graduate Degree in Business Law (with a specialization in Trade and Distribution), University of Burgundy, 2005
- Master’s Degree in Business and Tax Law, University Paris II Panthéon-Assas, 2004