Member of the Lyon Bar
With a Master’s degree in Business Law and a PhD in Copyright Law, Laurie focuses her practice primarily on intellectual property law (trademarks, patents, plant variety rights, designs and models, copyright and related rights), audiovisual law, personality rights, information and communication technologies and ancillary legal areas (including unfair competition and free riding), and acts both as advisor and litigator.
She assists, advises and defends French and foreign companies from all industries, including the audiovisual, IT and industrial sectors.
In parallel, as a Doctor of Law, she lectures in many universities, engineering and business schools, and has been teaching several areas of business law for more than 10 years.
Laurie is a member of the French Panel of the International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property (AIPPI), Group Rhône-Alpes for the protection of Intellectual Property, and the intellectual property committee of the Lyon Bar Association.
Laurie is also mandated by the Institut National de la Propriété Intellectuelle (French Patent, Trademark, Design & Model Office) to carry out Intellectual property pre-diagnoses for businesses.
Selected Operation Summary
- Legal assistance and advice in copyright and related rights: Copyright transfer agreements, commission contracts, publishing contracts
- Legal assistance and defense against violations of the personality rights of celebrities from sports, from the web, from the entertainment industry, etc.
- Legal assistance and advice in the preparation of contracts for the use of publicity rights: Individual image (personality) / collective image (sports teams) / associated image
- Legal assistance and counsel in the preparation of consents for photo and video shootings, etc.
- Legal assistance and advice in audiovisual law and communication law: Production and coproduction contracts, contracts for the production, broadcast and promotion of audiovisual programs, services agreements (e.g. tours and shows), audiovisual adaptation contracts, artist work-for-hire agreements, patronage contracts, moderator contracts, broadcasting contracts, recording contracts, product placement contracts, sponsorship contracts, etc.
- Legal advice and assistance in connection with internet-related agreements: Network contracts, brand deals, “top creator” agreements, partnership contracts and services agreements, talent agreements, strategic development agreements, talent production and promotional services agreements
- Legal advice and assistance with respect to employee creations
- Legal advice, assistance and representation in relation to employee inventions, negotiation of additional compensation or fair price
- Legal advice and assistance in connection with the negotiation and drafting of licensing agreements, transfer agreements, co-ownership agreements and (trademark) co-existence agreements, confidentiality agreements, technology transfer agreements, cooperation agreements, know-how disclosure agreements, R&D agreements
- Legal advice and assistance in connection with the audit of industrial / literary and artistic property right portfolios and contractual due diligence investigations
- Legal assistance and representation in IP litigation: Saisie-contrefaçon (i.e. search and seizure to document and establish infringements of IP rights), summary proceedings, infringement proceedings, invalidity proceedings, applications for revocation of IP rights, and patent, trademark, design or model ownership claims
- Legal assistance and representation in appeals against decisions of the head of the Institut National de la Propriété Intellectuelle (French Patent, Trademark, Design & Model Office) (trademark oppositions)
- Legal assistance, advice and representation in unfair competition litigation and free riding cases
- Legal assistance and advice in connection with IT contracts: Software transfer agreements, license agreements for the use/exploitation of software/software packages/domain names, maintenance service contracts, software and app development contracts
- Legal assistance and advice regarding the protection of personal data and the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (French Data Protection Authority)
- Legal assistance and representation in connection with the liability of Internet players: Publishers, Hosting Services Providers, Internet Services Providers, search engines, social media
- Institut National de la Propriété Intellectuelle (French Patent, Trademark, Design & Model Office), Outside Expert in industrial property pre-diagnoses, since 2012
- Epsilon, Partner, Intellectual Property / ICT Department, 2015 – 2016
- Lamy & Associés, Associate, Intellectual Property / ICT Department, 2010 – 2015
- Fidal, Trainee lawyer, Business Law / Intellectual Property / ICT Department, 2009 – 2010
- MOM (Materne Mont Blanc), Trainee lawyer, Legal Department, 2008 – 2009
- First Instance Court of Paris, internship at the 19th Chamber, 2006
- Institut National de la Propriété Intellectuelle (French Patent, Trademark, Design & Model Office), 2004
- Lecturer in intellectual property law and audiovisual law, post-graduate degree programs at University Lumière Lyon 2 (Fashion post-graduate degree program; Development of International Artistic and Cultural Project post-graduate degree program) and Jean Moulin University Lyon 3 (Industrial Property post-graduate degree program; Art Law and Taxation post-graduate degree program; Communication, Audiovisual and Multimedia post-graduate degree program), since 2008
- Lecturer in communication law and computer and IT law at engineering schools (INSA, ENTPE, ISARA) and business schools (IGS group)
- Instructor and then Temporary Lecturer and Research Assistant in contract law, competition law, corporate law, intellectual property law, and property law, University Jean Moulin Lyon 3, 2004 – 2008
- Member of the IPICT Committee (Intellectual Property Information and Information and Communication Technology Committee) of the Lyon Bar Association
- Member of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- Member of the Group Rhône-Alpes for the protection of Intellectual Property
- PhD in Law, with highest honor, University Jean Moulin Lyon 3, 2007
- Post-graduate degree in business law, valedictorian, University Jean Moulin Lyon 3, 2004
- Master’s Degree in Business Law, winner of the prize awarded by the French legal publisher Editions Francis Lefebvre, University Jean Moulin Lyon 3, 2003
- Comparative (French/US) law diploma, University Jean Moulin Lyon 3, 2002