Anaëlle practices primarily in business law, commercial law and international contracts. She acts both as advisor and litigator.
She assists French and foreign companies operating in a wide range of industries on all legal and regulatory issues likely to arise in connection with their business operations and relationships (contracts, distribution, unfair competition, consumer law related matters, etc.), and defend their interests before commercial and civil courts.
Anaëlle also represents and defends clients in ad hoc arbitration proceedings and internal or international arbitration proceedings before various French and foreign institutions.
Selected Operation Summary
Litigation and Arbitration
- Represented and defended a foreign manufacturer of spirits during pre-litigation negotiations and in court in a dispute for sudden termination of business relationships
- Represented and defended a foreign company in ICC arbitration proceedings relating to the breach of a contract for the supply of military equipment
- Assisted and advised a dismissed manager in the context of a conflict between partners in the funeral industry
- Represented and defended a French company in ad hoc arbitration proceedings relating to the revision of the oil price of a contract concluded with a foreign group
- Represented and defended foreign companies in disputes relating to non-performance of subcontracting agreements in the building and construction industry
- Represented and defended a foreign company in ICC arbitration proceedings relating to the installation and operation of photovoltaic panels
- Assisted and advised a distributor of plant protection products in a defective product liability case
Business Law and International Contracts
- Counseled French and foreign businesses operating in various industries, such as the wine making, robotics, automotive, chemistry and digital industries, in connection with the preparation and negotiation of commercial, distribution and industrial contracts
- Assisted and defended French and foreign economic operators operating on various markets, including, but not limited to, the financial, alcoholic beverages, car manufacturing, photovoltaic and chemistry industries, in pre-litigation and litigation cases for abusive and/or sudden breach of business relationships
- Assisted French and foreign companies in preparing and ensuring compliance of their commercial and pricing policies with applicable French law requirements (general terms of sale, terms of payment, invoicing and billing policy, etc.)
- Assisted an industrial group operating in the agrochemical industry in the preparation of an anti-corruption program
- webinar on “Critical issues in distribution agreements” organized in the framework of the Series of technical workshops for international expansion of the ICC Lyon Metropole, May 6, 2021.
- Webinar on “Contracts and COVID-19: Force majeure and hardship” organized by the International In-House Counsels Club of the ICC Lyon Metropole, December 2020
- Article entitled “El deber de revelación y la independencia del árbitro: Primeras contribuciones de la Sala de Comercio Internacional del Tribunal de Apelación de París (Sentencia de la Cour d’appel de París (CCIP) de 25 febrero 2020)”, published in La Ley Mediación y Arbitraje periodical (Enero-Marzo 2021, n° 05)
- Shearman & Sterling, International Arbitration Department, 2016 (internship)
- Orrick Herrington Sutcliffe, International Arbitration Department, 2016 (internship)
- TOTAL S.A., Legal Department, Major Litigation, 2015 (internship)
- Dechert, International Litigation and Arbitration Department, 2014 (internship)
- Winston & Strawn, Corporate – Commercial, 2012 (internship)
- Cremades & Calvo-Sotelo (Madrid, Spain), 2011 (internship)
- Postgraduate Degree in International Arbitration and Business Law, University of Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, 2014-2015
- Postgraduate Degree in European Business Law, University of Lorraine (Nancy II) – Exchange student at University College Dublin (Ireland), 2012-2013
- Master’s Degree in International and European Business Law, University of Lorraine (Nancy II), 2010-2013
- Preparatory Class to the Ecole Normale Supérieure Cachan Option D1 (eligible to the Ecole Normale Supérieure), University of Aix-Marseille III, 2008-2010