What is compliance ?
Compliance is the set of processes designed to ensure that a company, its managers and its employees comply with the legal and ethical standards that apply to them.
Soulier Avocats provide guidance and assistance at all stages of the preparation and implementation of compliance measures and systems that meet the requirements of applicable legislations, including the Sapin 2 Law, and the recommendations of the French Anti-Corruption Agency:
- assistance in the design and development of risk mapping;
- Preparation of codes of conduct, internal rules and regulations, implementation of reporting procedures,
- revision of commercial contracts and employment contracts by inserting an ethics clause,
- audit of existing compliance programs,
- support in contractual relationships and assessment of third parties,
- setting up awareness training for employees exposed to risks of corruption and influence peddling and conflict of interest situations,
- Supporting companies in the event of internal investigations following a report concerning an employee,
- Assistance in setting up the system to be used in the event of a report made by an employee considered a “whistleblower”,
- Assistance in connection with cybercrime and Personal Data Protection (GDPR),
- Information on applicable regulations regarding international sanctions, embargoes and export controls.
Soulier Avocats also provides legal support to companies which are subject to preventive investigations by the French Anti-Corruption Agency by assisting them in the answers and documentation to be provided to this Agency.
Finally, Soulier Avocats assists its clients in the event of criminal prosecution by judicial or administrative authorities for financial criminal offenses.