Mergers and Acquisitions
Assisting French and foreign businesses in the successful implementation of their external growth and development strategy is a major focus of Soulier Avocats’ work.
We rely on our full-service approach and “tailor-made” client service culture to efficiently assist and advise French and foreign businesses at all stages of a transaction and provide them with solutions that are best-adapted to their needs. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Participation in the definition of the expansion/growth strategy (incorporation of a NewCo, acquisition or sale of companies, business segments and business assets);
- Performance of legal and tax due diligence (DD and Vendor DD);
- Review and validation of the transaction structure, tax optimization;
- Preparation and negotiation of the legal documentation (LOI, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, purchase/sale agreements and related representations and warranties, investment agreements, shareholders’ agreements);
- Negotiation of bank financings and implementation of related guarantees/collaterals;
- Issuance of legal opinions to lending institutions.
In addition, the experience we have acquired over many years in cross-border and multijurisdictional transactions and the reliable connections we have established with leading foreign law firms enable us to assist French clients wishing to expand internationally and to support foreign companies or groups in the context of external growth transactions and, more generally, investment projects in France.