Mergers and Acquisitions
Assisting French and foreign businesses in the successful implementation of their external growth and development strategy is a major focus of Soulier Avocats’ work.
At the national level, we rely on our full-service, integrated and “tailor-made” business approach, to efficiently assist and advise French and foreign clients at all stages of a transaction and provide them with solutions that are best-adapted to their needs. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Definition of the expansion/growth strategy (incorporation of a NewCo, acquisition or sale of companies, business segments or assets, private equity transactions);
- Performance of legal and tax due diligence (DD and Vendor DD);
- Review and validation of the transaction structure, tax optimization;
- Preparation and negotiation of the legal documentation (LOI, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, purchase/sale agreements and related asset and liability warranties, investment agreements, shareholders’ agreements);
- Negotiation of bank financings and implementation of related guarantees.
On the international level, our clients benefit from the depth of expertise in cross-border and multijurisdictional transactions that we have continuously developed since many years. Thanks to the reliable connections we have established with renowned foreign law firms and legal professionals who are members of associations where we play an active role, we are best positioned to assist domestic businesses wishing to expand internationally. As such, we are able to efficiently structure and pilot the incorporation of foreign business vehicles as well as acquisitions and sales of foreign companies and/or assets, and to proactively coordinate and liaise between our clients and the various involved parties, thereby guaranteeing increased efficiency and cost-control.