Information and Communications Technologies (ICT)
The law governing Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) encompasses all legal provisions that govern the processing, securing and transmission of information through IT equipment, the Internet and other telecommunications equipment.
This is a broad, complex and extensive area of law that covers a wide variety of issues, such as the preparation and negotiation of IT agreements, the illegal appropriation of domain names, the processing and protection of personal data, security breaches, etc.
In this context, Soulier Avocats’ services include, but are not limited to:
- preparation of IT agreements (e.g. software transfer agreements, license agreements for the use/exploitation of software/software packages/domain names, maintenance service contracts, software and app development contracts, etc.);
- legal analysis in connection with the protection of personal data and the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (French Patent, Trademark, Design & Model Office);
- legal assistance in the design and implementation of optimized contractual arrangements in compliance with French/EU law applicable to the processing and protection of personal data;
- establishment of privacy policies in compliance with the French/EU law applicable to the processing and protection of personal data;
- legal assistance and representation in connection with the liability of Internet players: Publishers, Hosting Services Providers, Internet Services Providers, search engines, social media.